Pool Maintenance Tips for Opening a Clean Pool This Spring
Is your pool ready for swimming when you open it in the spring?
Follow tips below if you want to have your swimming pool ready for spring and without shocking it or placing chemicals:
Swimming Pool Maintenance
Regular swimming pool maintenance helps keep your pool in right balance during the summer season but if you continue through the fall-winter months with a few things it could be ready to go as soon as the pools cover is taken off.
• Add midwinter algaecide if the fall season is mild and warm you may wish to add more chlorine and algaecide at the start of the cold season run the pump for 24 hours and then shut the pump off and winterize
• Make sure your cover is secure and stays secure during the winter season
• Add enzyme chemicals to break down contamination of non-living organic material
• Open the pool before the water starts getting too warm, many people wait until late spring to open the pool and find more algae or biofilm than they would have had they opened the pool earlier before the water got so warm to begin algae or biofilm growth
Pool Maintenance Supplies
You need the correct pool maintenance supplies when you clean your pool. These supplies include;
• Filter system (either sand or filter system)
It is best to do the instructions that were included in your pool. The manufacturer’s instructions on pool maintenance will tell you exactly what supplies you will need which you can purchase the same place you purchased your pool or here at Pools Above Ground.
Pool maintenance kits will usually contain everything you need to get started.
The economy kit above contains a skimmer, a vacuum brush, a vacuum head, a thermometer, and a duo test kit. Also, a sectional three piece 4-12’telepole, 1.25″ x 36′ premium vacuum hose box with swivel and 1.5×50′ backwash hose
Below is a standard pool maintenance kit which contains; a skimmer, vacuum brush, vacuum head, thermometer and duo test kit and Sectional 3 piece 4-12’telepole, 1.5″ x 40′ premium vacuum hose box with swivel and 1.5×50′ backwash hose.
Deluxe 8 Piece Pool Cleaning Kit
This kit includes; 5 Piece Premium Vinyl Maintenance Kit a skimmer, vacuum brush, vacuum head, thermometer and 5-way test kit, sectional three piece 4-12’telepole, 1.5″ x 40′ premium vacuum hose box with swivel and 1.5×50′ backwash hose.
By following these tips and a regular maintenance schedule along with winter maintenance even if you get a pool cleaning service to do it, you should be able to open your pool and have it ready for swimming in the spring.